Monday, November 24, 2008

My Fun Weekend in Washington





















This past weekend I had the opportunity to fly up to Washington to visit my friends, see the movie Twilight and go to New Kids on the Block in concert! I visited my good friend Jenn and stayed with her. I got to Washington on thursday night just in time for Olive Garden and the midnight showing of Twilight! Of course, it wasn't as good as the books, but it was fun to go see with my girlfriends! Edward did have to grow on me a little bit, but Bella played a good part. I enjoyed it a lot and only stayed stayed up until 3 in the morning that night. On Saturday afternoon Jenn, Wendy and I drove up to Tacoma to the Tacoma Dome to see New Kids on the Block! For sure the highlight of the weekend! We had so much fun! We went to subway for dinner before the concert, got our "merchandise",(our new kids key chains and programs) and found our seats. We had pretty good seats and the people around us were pretty funny, especially the two girls who were a few rows in front of us wearing nothing but 80's attire! It was so funny! I have never seen so many people with their hair crimped! I also enjoyed the girl with the New Kids Dolls they came out with when we were kids. She brought hers to the concert and waved them in the air during the show. Natasha Beddingfield opened the show, well actually Lady Gaga was the first act but I'd like to forget that part! Her outfit was awful and her singing was all that good either. I only recognized one of Lady Gaga's songs,"Let's Dance". Anyway, Natasha was amazing, I swear she should have her own show! I really enjoyed her! But of course, the highlight of the night was New Kids! They put on such a great show! They sang just about all of the old classics along with their new songs. They danced and moved all over the stage! Actually at one point they had a round stage they got onto in the middle of the Dome! It was for sure a night that I will not forget! Jenn, Wendy and I danced and sang along all night! Enjoy the video I have posted thanks to Jenn and her great camera! Thanks Jenn for a weekend to remember!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had a blog. Your trip looks like so much fun. That's great you were able to get away.