Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sisters Are The Best!

You probably think this post will be about my 4 lovely girls and how I hope they remain best friends and take care of each other forever, but it isn't. This post is dedicated to my lovely sister, Amy! I came upon this book that my sister, Amy gave to me about 3 years ago. I hadn't read it in a long time until tonight and I thought I would share. In the front cover my sister wrote me a little note, Sabra, I am so glad you are my sister! You have made my life a happier place. Thank you for always being there!I love you! Love your big sister Amy.

Sisters Understand Each other Because They Share The Same Roots
There is no one in the world like you
You are my friend
and my sister too.
You know the histories and stories of where our lives come from.
Together we share precious memories of the past...
and delight in whatever may come.
You are wise honest and true
I value your advice and opinions
and thank you for always being there to speak to.
I trust and count on you with all my heart...
even though we sometimes disagree, nothing could keep us apart.
Your smile and laughter are a comfort to me,
only you understand what is so very funny.
I love you for caring and believing in me
I am grateful we grow from the same family tree.
OK, aren't sisters the BEST? I am lucky to have 2 great sisters and 4 great daughters who I get to watch be great sisters to each other!

No comments: