Friday, May 6, 2011

I Love Good Teachers

My kids have been to a few different schools in their little lives. Some were better then others. We have been able to be in different states and different areas within those states. Yea, we have moved quite a bit, but we are hopeful that is in the past and we can remain in this area for a long, long time. Some of the great things about where we live are that I feel very safe here, we have amazing neighbors, there is a definite "community" feel here, but what I really love about being here is the schools that my children attend. The teachers are amazing and really love to teach. I know, amazing! It makes me want to cry sometimes how wonderful they have been to my children(with the exception of 1 of Abby's teachers). We are so lucky. They take time to really know the children and what will fit best for each child. One of my children is struggling and her teacher was right on top of it. She let me know and we put a few things in place for this year and next to help. I am so thankful that she was aware of my girl. So this year for Teacher Appreciation Week we did a few fun things for our GREAT teachers! One special thing we did was to make number sugar cookies. It was a FHE activity and a great way to get something made for our special teachers! The girls had such a fun time making the dough, letting it cool, rolling it out, baking and frosting the cookies. I should have taken a picture of what my counter looked like after they were done, oh my gosh! It might have been a bit embarrassing though! They had fun and that's what really matters, right?
We had number cookies(Abby took some into her math teacher), hearts(because we love our teachers) and if you notice there are clouds and rain drops(for Abby's science teacher). In science they are learning about precipitation. We had so much fun being creative and spending time together as a family! I also had the girls write little notes to their teachers to go along with the cookies. I think of all the gifts we gave this week, this was by far my favorite! I think this might become a Allen Family tradition!




No comments: