Friday, September 17, 2010

Being Sick Stinks!

Last week Molly was not feeling well. I don't know what it was, maybe the start of school and all the germs coming home or the fact that she spent 3 straight days in the 24 Hour Fitness Kids Club, but this girl was just not feeling good. I tried to let her work it out, you know, let her body try to fight off the sickness, but on day 4 I felt so bad that I just took her in to her doctor! It happened to just be her ears were a little red and her eyes looked like they might have an infection. So I got her medicine and we headed home. She seriously was such a trooper and did such a good job at the doctors! When we got home she was all ready for her medicine! She took her yummy "pink medicine" that she loved and then it was time for the eye drops. I told her to lay down and look up, which she did, then I put the drops in and then it was over! She screamed so loud, and I had only put it in 1 eye! I tried to talk her into letting me put it in the other eye but she wasn't having it! When I put the drops in she started screaming "My eye is burning! Mom, you burned my eye"! I felt horrible! Well, as soon as she felt her eye burning, and while she was yelling at me about how I burned her eye, she ran into the bathroom and got a Band-Aid to put on her eye. She got that thing unwrapped so fast and had it on her eye within seconds! I felt so bad for her, I couldn't believe that I had just done that to her! I asked her if she wanted me to kiss it, she did, so I kissed her eye for her. Then I just held her until she calmed down. I took her up to my bed for a nap and she was asleep within 3 minutes, seriously. I guess with all the drama and not feeling good really wiped her out! And...we will probably NEVER put eye drops in her eyes again!

She is feeling better and her eyes cleared up on their own...I probably didn't need the eye drops anyway! Figures.....

No comments: