Saturday, September 18, 2010

First Day Of School 2010

It's official, I have a child that is old enough to be in Middle School! I can't believe it! It seems like yesterday that she was my baby, seriously. But she did such a great job and acted so grown up. Other then a little bit of girl drama the first few days of school, she has really enjoyed it.
You can tell in her pictures that she doesn't really want me to take them, but is being a good sport about it! I missed her so much on that first day, so did Molly. When Abby finally walked in the door after school Molly just ran up to her, yelled out her name and gave her a big hug! We still miss her everyday but I think Molly has gotten used to it just being the 2 of us during the day.

Sophia on her first day of 3rd grade!


Macey on her 1st day of 1st grade!



Sophia and Macey waiting for the bus




Getting on the bus...I was so sad and happy to see them go! That's normal, right?





Macey in her classroom on her 1st day






Sophia in her classroom on her 1st day
Sophia and Macey have been doing pretty good in school. Sophia's teacher is known for being pretty strict, but that is just what Sophia needs. Macey's teacher seems to be so great and loves to teach. We have had a few situations with Macey already but hopefully she will shape up and try a little bit harder. We will see.
I am thankful that my girls can go to school to learn and grow. I feel lucky that I get to be home with them when they get off the bus, I know it is not always the situation for some families, I just feel lucky. I really hope that we, as a family, have a successful year full of fun memories and lots of learning!








1 comment:

Aleena said...

It's a whole new kind of worry when your kids start school - new teachers, new groups of friends, getting used to the change of schedule. I'm just beginning to understand this with a first grader and a kindergartner. I can't believe you have a daughter in junior high!!! Big step! Your girls are all so cute!