Monday, October 4, 2010

That Did NOT Just Happen...

This morning Molly and I were walking back from the bus stop after we had dropped Sophia and Macey off, and then IT happened. I was holding Molly all the way back and had just put her down in the driveway so that she could walk the rest of the way and she fell down. I thought she had just tripped and bumped her chin, oh I was so wrong! While she was walking up to the house she had put her arms in her shirt. She accidentaly tripped and landed right on her face and because her arms were in her shirt there was nothing to stop her face from hitting the concrete. I picked her up, first realizing that her arms were tucked in her shirt and then I noticed something missing in her mouth. It was her front tooth! When her face hit the ground, it popped her tooth right out, root and all. I searched the ground and found her tooth! I picked her and her tooth up and ran inside. I called my friend, who called her friend whose husband is a pediatric dentist and got Molly and I in right away. The Dentist told me that since it is her baby tooth, they are not going to try to save it. So, she will be toothless until her permanent tooth comes in. Seriously, it could be 5 years till this happens! I can't believe this happened. I really needed this to be a smooth week, but it never happens that way, especially when I needed it so bad! I have to be grateful that it wasn't more serious, but it has made me so sad today. I just feel so bad for her, and lets be honest, I have to wait 5 years to see her with all of her teeth! Ugh! I just wish this wouldn't have happened and if I had just held her the whole way home, it wouldn't have. Live and Learn, I guess. Anyway, here are the pictures I took of her today:





That did NOT just happen, oh wait, yea it did! Good thing I got one tough girl!




6 comments:

Jennifer said...

so sad...Molly is a trooper!!! And dang what a good friend you have!!! :)

Unknown said...

That happened to my nephew when he was two. He is five now and still no tooth. It is acually really adorable and totally adds to his spunky personality. It makes Molly who she is now and when you look back you will never be able to picture her as a young child with a front tooth! It just won't fit her.

Aleena said...

I'm so sorry Sabra! Poor Molly! That must have been traumatic for both of you! My cousins daughter also lost her front tooth at the age of three and it took a few years before the adult tooth came in. But she was still so cute and Molly is too! I hope you have a smooth week the rest of the week!

Rachel said...

Those pictures are so sad! Thanks for letting the girls come over today. My blog address is www.rachandave.blogspot.com I know origional name huh!

Stacey said...

What a tough girl... love you guys.. Miss you.. Hope the move went well.. give me a call sometime..

Gage said...

:( that makes me want to cry! what a tough little baby! and you are a tough momma cause i probably would have thrown up and/or passed out on the spot.

miss you guys!!