Thursday, May 17, 2012

California Caverns with Sophia

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to go on a field trip with Sophia and her class from school. We went to the California Caverns. I have been on plenty of field trips in my mothering years but this was the coolest, by far! Although the bus ride was 2 hours long and our bus driver was a little crazy and may have enjoyed seeing children bounce all over her bus, it ended up being a pretty cool experience. The best part was that I got to spend all day with my Sophia! She is the happiest little girl and loves to spend time with her momma! We got to go on a nature hike, go mining for jewels and go on an underground tour of these amazing caverns! As you can see in the picture, we had to wear hard hats, which Sophia was totally loving! The underground tour was the coolest thing for me. It is crazy how these rock formations form, and how long it takes. Even though we were underground and there were times that I felt a little claustrophobic, it was something that I will always remember! Sophia and I had a great day together and I love that we have this memory, just her and I, to share.


No comments: