Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Street Smarts Book Contest

I'm not sure if everyone knows this about Macey, but this girl loves to draw, paint, color, well anything that is artistic! Every night when I snuggle her and I am trying to talk to her about her day she is always coloring in a color book or cutting and pasting or drawing some cool design. Yes, she does this in bed. She has a little area next to her bed where she keeps all of her "stuff".


Well, about 2 months ago she brought home a paper that was blank with a letter explaining that there was going to be a contest. There was an author that had written a book about being smart when you are out riding your bike or out playing. He wanted the kids to illustrate the book for him. So, Macey did it! She sat down, picked out what page she wanted to illustrate and got to work! She didn't get picked for the book, but I am so proud of her that she even tried! We did get to go to a little ceremony where her artwork was on display and she got a ribbon!

Oh, I cannot tell you how proud I am of her! She is such a great girl and I love being her mom! She has since hung her artwork, ribbon and certificate on her wall, right by her bed. She is one proud girl! I love you Macey so much and I am so so proud of you!

No comments: