Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter in Full Swing

Boy do we love Easter around here! I heard their footsteps upstairs around 6:30, is that too early for anyone else or am I the only one? The three older girls had a "sleepover" in Sophias room in preparation for easter morning! They all had made their own little beds on her floor and did pretty good. They didn't keep eachother up for too long! So when I knew they were awake, I went upstairs and this is what I found! 3 very excited girls ready to run down the stairs to see what the easter bunny brought and 1 very sleepy, sweet, yummy girl NOT ready for this easter bunny thing! I ended up waking her up because the other girls were not about to wait! Molly did ok once she realized that candy was involved!


Our easter bunny doesn't come in our house, he just leaves the baskets on the back porch. He also hides plastic eggs filled with candy all over the yard! The girls were really excited about finding all the candy, and they sure found it! I think the easter bunny filled about 95 eggs! Seriously, I know he went a little overboard, but oh well! The girls got bubble wands, coloring books and new crayons(new crayons are the BEST!) And oh yea, more candy! They also got a few other things but of course, the candy was the favorite. In our house around any holiday that includes a ton of candy, my girls get 3 days to eat it and then it is gone! I love our rule and they do pretty well getting down what candy they want! Although the withdrawls they go through can be hard, but I'll take that over having it around for months and the girls asking for it on a daily basis!


After the 7 oclock easter celebration, we still had to get ready for 9 oclock church. Rodg had to leave at 7:45 to help setup chairs, and we had to be there by 8:30 to practice with the choir before church started, so I was on my own this morning getting us all out the door! I think it went pretty good! The girls were really good about leaving easter baskets where they were and getting up and ready for church. This is a picture I took just before we walked out the door for church, I think they look beautiful!



After church the girls took their bubble wands out back. They were having such a blast! Except for the part when Macey would go to catch a bubble and spill her bubbles out of the wand. Doesn't every kid do that at some point? No, she actually did really good and did not have a melt down(even though she was totally on a sugar high!) We had our easter dinner out in the back yard on our patio furniture(thanks Toni!) and the girls really loved it!It really was a beautiful day and I know the girls had a great easter!




1 comment:

Aleena said...

Happy Easter! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!