Thursday, May 7, 2009

Womens Conference 2009

Just wanted to share a few photos from Women's Conference this past weekend in Utah. I had the chance to go with a few friends, Sarah and Karen, and we really had a wonderful time! We were able to hear some really great talks and eat some really yummy mint brownies! YUM! Seriously though, it was a great time for me to refocus and gain some great perspective. What an amazing feeling it was when all the 16,000 women who attended met together in the Marriott Center where we sang hymns and were able to hear the Relief Society General President speak and also L Tom Perry speak. What an incredible spirit that was felt there. I think I cried each time we met!

I just want to share my testimony. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and for sending His Son, Jesus Christ, for me. I am thankful for the atonement, for repentance and for forgiveness. I am so thankful to be surrounded by wonderful women in my life, including my mom, sisters and extended family and also my amazing friends, who always pick me up when I am down. I am eternally grateful for my eternal family. What a great blessing they are in my life! I am thankful for my amazing husband and my beautiful children. I am one lucky girl! I am so grateful to know that there is a plan for me!

Sorry to get all gooey on you, just thought that this was a good post to share that! Sooo, in the end I am glad that I went and will do it again next year for sure!(Alright Mom,Amy,Lisa we should go together!)



Me,Karen and Sarah
Here I am next to the beautiful tulips!
Karen and I in-between classes
Sarah and I on the airplane on our way to Utah! We were so excited!
Here we are on the last day in front of the bell tower on campus. We were sad to go, but excited to go back to our families!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Lucky YOU! Thanks for sharing your testimony, it's beautiful! ~Andrea

Jennifer said...

Glad you had such a good time. We'll have to go sometime!!

Wonder Grahams said...

best trip! Glad we all could go together. Love Sarah

mom of six, nana of five said...

Beautiful! I heard you guys sang in church...miss you..even though I didnt even get a shout out for womens conf...or mothers day for that matter LOL...out of sight out of mind I guess! );